Robert Zhou relinquished what he calls “that whole Asian thing” – abandoning a promising educational path toward a doctorate – to instead become an entrepreneur. That’s why you’ll hear Robert’s partners respectfully refer to him as Dr. Zhou, which always makes Robert go a little red—proving that Chinese dudes do blush without alcohol messing up the missense polymorphism that encodes their enzyme acetaldehyde dehydrogenase. (Look it up.)
Robert is exceptionally self-motivated. As a mixed breed of magnetism and nerd, he garners respect from both the business world and the hacker underground. His proven leadership skills and his ability to articulate ideas to technical as well as non-technical audiences are what set him apart at Red Nova Labs.
As Red Nova Labs’ tech exec, Robert’s role is to assure the successful execution of the company’s business mission through development and deployment of tools, technologies and apps. Much of his focus is on search engine optimization (SEO), link-building, analytics, conversions and user traffic. In league with our other founders, he identifies opportunities and risks for delivering new web marketing solutions, e.g. uncovering competitors, finding openings for innovation, and assessing marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles.
Similarly, Robert identifies tech trends and evolving social behaviors that may support or impede any business unit. His ability to identify and work with various platforms and analytics suits him well for strategic planning and communication. He prioritizes development initiatives and sets timetables for evaluation and testing. As our most level-headed “C,” Robert ensures that risks are managed appropriately and resources are used responsibly.
- Robert detests drama, focusing sharply on bottom line initiatives instead.
- Although Robert seems laid back in the office, he’s an animal on the basketball court.
- Robert’s calves are solid and uniform like trees.
- He moved to the U.S. at age 9 and remains friends with his school age friends.
- He once shocked nurses with his severe allergic reaction to grass. He has pictures.
- He has a long, successful, national track record as a strategic gamer.
- Robert has pretty hands.
- If Robert is wearing a color other than black, it’s time to do laundry.
- Robert is shmoopy (just ask his wife Liz).
- Robert likes Goose.
- The only thing that will bring him out of a stupor is coding.
- He’s a Jayhawk.