David Howe is a native Kansan who grew up in Lawrence and went to Seattle, Wash., to pursue a career in video game development. After attending DigiPen and Central Washington University, he programmed several video games starring famous cartoon characters like Sponge Bob, Wolverine and many more. David brings a wide range of talent to the table, including the rare ability to converse geek-speak with the other coders, while also finding common ground for communication with other departments.
A cofounder of Red Nova Labs, David employs his 15 years of programming and design experience in the interactive worlds of video games and web, building a new, cutting-edge game for mobile platforms. David's unique mix of creative and analytical skills allow him to produce visionary games that push the power of today's most capable phones and tablet devices. Currently working on a 3D puzzle/platformer for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad called Mystery Ball; the game is slated to be released later this Fall.
- David is an avid PC and console video gamer.
- He loves spending time with his wife, two cats and bird Ziggy.
- Early-adopter who is addicted to gadgets and new technology (<3 iPhone, iPad!).
- Huge fan of science fiction/fantasy books and television series.
- Enjoys traveling both domestic and abroad.
- Nothing beats a bowl of homemade mash potatoes and chicken fried steak (except maybe mac & cheese!).
One of the hot topics these days in the mobile arena is which way to go: a full blown native app with all the bells and whistles (and cost!), a basic mobile website, or an in-the-middle web app. We present the options for you to consider.