Eric Hankins epitomizes the phrase 'computer nerd.' He made his first website at age 13 about SimCity 2000. Eventually, after programming as a hobby for years, Eric graduated from the University of Nebraska at Omaha with a degree in Computer Science. After working for a startup in Omaha for four years, Eric moved to Kansas City to
be closer to Google Fiber be closer to his wife's family. He loves to read science fiction and fantasy novels, listen to music and go to concerts, and generally have a good time.
Eric is Red Nova Labs' Senior Software Engineer, which means he assists with systems architecture, product development (front-end and back-end), infrastructure automation, and anything else related to computers that needs to get done.
- Has an album for each season of the year.
- Used to hate sports until meeting his wife. Now he knows the pitcher and the catcher are on the same team.
- Eric believes the process IS the product.
- Used to think Silicon Valley was the deal. Now he knows that the Silicon Prairie is where it's at.
- Eric is a jack of all trades, but master of none.
- Used to hate country music until meeting his wife. Now he willingly listens to it (on occasion).