Nadine grew up in beautiful Olathe, Kansas, the tortured youngest of three girls. She attended the University of Missouri-Kansas City, majoring in English Literature (no, really, she did – people do that!) and minoring in Communications by accident. Other majors she considered were music, French, and journalism. Since graduating, she has gotten back in touch with her nerd roots and taken classes in web design, layout and typography.
Nadine worked for seven years in the fast-paced world of word puzzle editing, but still isn’t very good at crosswords. She enjoys reading, writing, running, sleeping, eating, breathing, ruining things for her fiancé and throwing many frisbees for her insane miniature Australian shepherd, Huxley.
Nadine keeps the engine of Shop Fauna chugging along to bring you the best local business information on the World Wide Web. Shop Fauna's motto is "Shop local. Spend consciously" and Nadine gets to engage multiple interests in the service of this vision: building strong communities, supporting local merchants, entrepreneurship and, of course, shopping. Nadine is responsible for the content, marketing and direction of Shop Fauna. If you have a question about Shop Fauna, she has an answer. Even if it's "So this is for hipsters, right?" (It's not. It's for everyone.)
- Grew up speaking German; rebelled later in life and took French classes.
- Briefly entertained a life as a classical musician.
- Rides a scooter, weather-permitting.
- Can fall back on a career as a barista.
- Has a lightning-shaped scar on her foot; also known as "The Foot Who Lived."
- Has a weakness for terrible teen TV shows.
- Started her first online journal (“blog”) at age 12.
Pinterest. I invoked its name. Are you paying attention now?