I’m not going to spend a lot of time on this — because I think it gets overanalyzed to death — but I liked this paragraph from a recent story in the New York Times about Millennials and whether they’re lazy or not.
It’s worth remembering that to some extent, these accusations of laziness and narcissism in “kids these days” are nothing new — they’ve been levied against Generation X, Baby Boomers and many generations before them. Even Aristotle and Plato were said to have expressed similar feelings about the slacker youth of their times.
My take: every generation has bums. Every generation has hard workers. Quit generalizing and find the hard workers. They’re out there.
On to the linkage…
- Spending money at local business. What a novel idea! I like this.
- Entrepreneurs fail. A lot. What we learn from those failures can help us down the road. This is a great read from former TechCrunch writer Mark Hendrickson examing why his startup, Plancast, never took off.
- Cool story from National Geographic about identical twins and how sometimes technology can’t even tell them apart.
- Really, really old stuff.
- The guy who sent this to me conceded that these are the types of things that he does that make him a real dick.
- A look at the best Super Bowl ads from the past.
- Speaking of really cool commercials…